Certified Blockchain Solution Architect (CBSA)
Number of Questions:
| $300 USD
90 minutes to complete exam
Pearson VUE - Global
CBSA Official Exam Study Guide
The Certified Blockchain Solution Architect (CBSA) exam is an elite way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in this emerging space. Additionally, you will become a member of a community of Blockchain leaders. With certification comes monthly industry updates via email and video.
The CBSA exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is a performance-based evaluation of Solution Architect skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
- Programmers & Developers
- University Professors
- Software Engineers
- Government Officials
A person who holds this certification demonstrates their ability to:
- Architect blockchain solutions
- Work effectively with blockchain engineers and technical leaders
- Choose appropriate blockchain systems for various use cases
- Work effectively with both public and permissioned blockchain systems
This exam will prove that a student completely understands:
- The difference between proof of work, proof of stake, and other proof systems and why they exist
- Why cryptocurrency is needed on certain types of blockchains
- The difference between public, private, and permissioned blockchains
- How blocks are written to the blockchain
- Where cryptography fits into blockchain and the most commonly used systems
- Common use cases for public blockchains
- Common use cases for private & permissioned blockchains
- What is needed to launch your own blockchain
- Common problems & considerations in working with public blockchains
- Awareness and of and the tech behind common blockchain
- When is mining needed and when it is not
- Byzantine Fault Tolerance
- Consensus among blockchains
- What is hashing
- How addresses, public keys, and private keys work
- What is a smart contract
- Security in blockchain
- Brief history of blockchain
- The programming languages of the most common blockchains
- Common testing and deployment practices for blockchains and blockchain-based apps
Scores and Reporting
Exam Retake Policy
- A student who does not pass an exam must wait at least 48 hours to retake the exam
- A student must wait 14-days for each subsequent attempt
- A student who has passed a certain exam may not take the same exam (defined as an exam of the same version with the same exam number) again within 12 months of when the exam was passed. A student who wishes to take the exam again in order to re-certify may do so after the 12-month period.
To maintain the highest level of security and authentication, all Blockchain Training Alliance score reports provided at Pearson VUE testing center will include a photo of the candidate. Test Center Administrators are required to take a photograph of each candidate prior to testing. Candidates who do not wish to have their picture taken will need to contact email@example.com 14 business days in advance of the exam.
Carefully review the ID requirements prior to your exam appointment.
How To Register For An Exam
You can purchase an exam voucher here or Sign in/Create an account with Pearson VUE. Exam appointments may be made in advance or on the day you wish to test, subject to availability. The exam/appointment testing time limit noted on Pearson VUE web pages reflects the total appointment time, including an NDA, exam time, and survey.
Please use your Legal name as displayed on your government issued IDs. Your first name, last name, the use or not of a middle initial, and your email address must match exactly in these two profiles. Please also use your Business email address as your primary address. Login to your account, select an exam, select a location, and then register for a seat.
My certificate has my name spelled incorrectly, how can I get this fixed?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include the correct spelling of your name and copy of government issued ID.
How often are changes made to the exam?
Blockchain Training Alliance has an obligation to its membership to maintain the relevancy of its credentials; exams are routinely updated and may happen as often as once a month. These enhancements are the result of a rigorous, methodical process we follow to routinely update its credential exams.
How often do I need to Recertify?
Your certification expires two years to the date you take and pass the exam.
I lost my coin, can I be issued another one?
Please contact email@example.com to request a new coin and holder. There is a $35 charge for a new token.
I never received my certificate in the mail/or/How long does it take to receive my certificate in the mail?
Please allow 2-4 weeks to receive your training package, including certification token.