Blockchain Architecture Training On Demand
60 Days of Access
NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. CLASS WILL BE AVAILABLE SEPT 6.
About On Demand Learning
This On Demand video training class on Blockchain Architecture is for technical leaders who need to make decisions about architecture, environment, and development platforms.
This class is designed for those who prefer to develop the skills they need on their time and at their own pace. You will be provided 60 days of access to the class and all supporting course material.
This training will give you the the ability to start, stop and rewind the chapters. This class will not support questions or have a live instructor-interaction; if you would like live training please view our Instructor-led Architecture Class.
This course also prepares you for the Certified Blockchain Solution Architecture exam (not included with class). Exams are delivered globally at Pearson VUE.
With class you will receive:
- 60 Days of unlimited access to course content
- Ability to stop, pause rewind and move through all chapters
- Sample quiz questions
- Digital Course Material: View from anywhere and any device
The class covers the following topics:
- What is Blockchain
- How does Blockchain work
- Types of Blockchains
- How is Blockchain different from what we have today
- What are use cases for Blockchain
- What does a Blockchain app look like
- How do I design a Blockchain app
- How do I develop a Blockchain app
- How do I test a Blockchain app
What is Blockchain?
- A record keeping system
- Trustless environment
How does Blockchain work?
- Crypto Hashing
- Digital Fingerprinting
- PoW vs PoS
Types of Blockchains
- Public vs Private
- Open vs closed
- Smart Contracts
- Blockchain as History
- Tokens / Coins
How is Blockchain different from what we have today?
- Peer-to-peer architecture
- Software vs Firmware
- Database vs Blockchain
- Distributed database or other technology?
- Data Sovereignty
- Group Consensus
What are Use Cases for Blockchain?
- Use Case Examples
- Banking Services
- Medical Records
- Supply Chain / Value Chain
- Content Distribution
- Verification of Software Updates (cars, planes, trains, etc)
- Law Enforcement
- Title and Ownership Records
- Social Media and Online Credibility
- Fractional asset ownership
- Cable Television billing
- High fault tolerance
- Public or Private Blockchain?
- Who are the participants?
What does a Blockchain app look like?
- Resembles typical full stack web application
- Any internal state changes and all transactions are written to the blockchain
- Public Blockchain visibility
- Private Blockchain solutions
How do I design a Blockchain app?
- What does this solution need to let users do?
- Will the proposed solution reduce or remove the problems and pain points currently felt by users?
- What should this solution prevent users from doing?
- Do you need a solution ready for heavy use on day 1?
- Is your solution idea enhanced by the use of Blockchain? Does the use of Blockchain create a better end-user experience? If so, how?
- Has your business developed custom software solutions before?
- What level of support are you going to need?
- How big is the developer community?
- Does your vision of the future align with the project or platform's vision of the future?
- Does the platform aim to make new and significant contributions to the development space, or is it an efficiency / cost play?
- Should the solution be a public or private Blockchain?
- Should the solution be an open or closed Blockchain?
- Create a plan for contract updates and changes!
- Hybrid solutions
- Monetary exchanges?
How do I develop a Blockchain app?
- AGILE approach pre-release
- Define guiding principles up front
- Software vs Firmware
- Announcements, not transactions!
- Classes, not contracts
- Link contracts to share functions
- Use calling contracts to keep contract address the same
- Hyperledger vs Ethereum
- CONSIDER No of Users * Avg No of Transactions (state changes) per User
- Should a Blockless solution be applied?
- Monolithic vs Modular
- Sandwich complexity model
How do I test a Blockchain app?
- Recommend 5x to 10x traditional application testing time
Note: If you have 3 or more students we can come onsite to your location.
This training is an emerging tech; we reserve the right to change the content of the class.