certifications are built strategically for corporations
Ethereum Training: Hands-on Ethereum Development Bootcamp
Duration: 3 Days
After Class Access: 1 year access to recorded training
Related Certification: Certified Blockchain Developer - Ethereum (CBDE)
This 3 day instructor-led course is designed for programmers and developers who want to take a comprehensive deep dive in writing smart contracts and building applications that interact with them. This course provides detailed overviews of Ethereum, smart contracts, and the development language, Solidity.
The student will be exposed to Ethereum’s adaptable feature set which allows the developer to design decentralized applications for countless applications. Students will also participate in hands-on programming lab sessions to learn, develop, and advance their skills in Ethereum development.
The Ethereum Development Training Course is designed for those seeking an in-depth understanding and development experience of the Ethereum Blockchain platform. Students will participate in approximately 50% programming lab time providing practical experience, enhancing their knowledge and existing skill set. Due to the technical programming lab content covered in this course, it is not recommended for those without programming knowledge and experience.
The Certified Blockchain Developer Ethereum exam is included with class. Those who attend the Ethereum Development course and pass the exam certification will have a demonstrated knowledge of:
- An excellent overall understanding of the Ethereum architecture and Solidity language.
- All functional components (including smart contracts) required to develop an Ethereum Blockchain.
- The understanding of how to instantiate an Ethereum application on the network.
- An in-depth understanding of how transactions are created and implemented on an Ethereum network.
What's IncludedWith class you will receive:
- Expert Instructor through class
- Digital Course Material: View from anywhere and any device
- Digital Exam Prep Material: View from anywhere and any device
- Exam Voucher for CBDE certification at Pearson VUE: Valid for 6 months
- Class is recorded (WebEx classes only) and you have one year of access
AudienceTarget Course Audience Include:
- Application Developers
- System Architects
- Network Architects
- Network Security Architects
- IT Professionals w/programming experience
- Advantageous: Basic knowledge in C ++ / Java, data types
- Advantageous: Basic knowledge with git repositories
- Lab Environment
What is Blockchain?
- The History of Decentralized Ledgers
- Blockchain Mechanics
- Assets in Blockchain
- The Blockchain Ledger
- Type of Blockchain Transactions
- Blockchain as Workflow
The History of Blockchain
- Bringing DLT into the Modern Age
- What is a Block?
- How are Blocks Chained?
- Bitgold and Quest for Digital Currency
How Does Blockchain Work?
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Blockchain
- Cryptography: 2 way functions
- Cryptography: Hashes
- Databases vs. Blockchain
Blockchain Use Cases and Real-World Implementations
- Blockchain Use Case Symptoms
- Blockchain Use Case Analysis and Scorecarding
- Good Blockchain Use Case Patterns
- Real World Implementations
- The Web 3.0 Revolution
Group Consensus Models
- Proof of Work Deep Dive
- The is The Nonce?
- Hacking the Ledger
- Costs of a 51% Attack
- Group Consensus Models and Game Theory
Proof of Stake and the Future of Ethereum
- How Does PoS Work?
- PoS vs PoW
- Ethereum 2.0
- How does PoW fit in?
- Group Consensus vs Participant Consensus
Ethereum Application Architecture
- Decentralized Application Layers
- Technologies and Components of Each Layer
- Development Tools, Frameworks, and Utilities
Sample Application Walkthrough
- Sample Application Use Case Walkthrough
- End User Solution Review
- Solution Code Review: User Interface
- Solution Code Review: Integration Layer
- Solution Code Review: Smart Contract
- Ethereum Smart Contract Lifecycle
- The Self-Destruct Function
- Agile in the World of Blockchain?
- The Project Team
- Blockchain Projects vs Traditional Projects
- Protecting Self-Destruct
- Code Visibility
- DevOps Vulnerabilities
- Common Blockchain Exploits
Lab Environment Setup and Configuration
- Downloading and Installing VirtualBox
- Setting Up Your Environment
- Configuring Your Environment