Our Blockchain exams lead the way in verifying your skill set.
Certified Blockchain Developer - Ethereum (CBDE)
The Certified Blockchain Developer - Ethereum (CBDE) exam is an elite way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in this emerging space. Additionally, you will become a member of a community of Blockchain leaders. With certification comes monthly industry updates via email and video.
The CBDE exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is performance-based evaluation of Ethereum Development skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
- Software Engineers
- Application Architects
A person who holds this certification demonstrates their ability to:
- Plan and prepare production ready applications for the Ethereum blockchain
- Write, test, and deploy secure Solidity smart contracts
- Understand and work with Ethereum fees
- Work within the bounds and limitations of the Ethereum blockchain
- Use the essential tooling and systems needed to work with the Ethereum ecosystem
- Implement web3.js
- Write and compile Solidity smart contracts
- Create secure smart contracts
- Deploy smart contracts both the live and test Ethereum networks
- Calculate Ethereum gas costs
- Unit test smart contracts
- Run an Ethereum node on development machines
This exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is a performance-based evaluation of Ethereum Development skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
Scores and Reporting
Exam Retake Policy
- Students who fail must purchase a new exam voucher to test again
- A student who does not pass an exam must wait at least 48 hours to retake the exam
- A student must wait 14-days for each subsequent attempt
- A student who has passed a certain exam may not take the same exam (defined as an exam of the same version with the same exam number) again within 12 months of when the exam was passed. A student who wishes to take the exam again in order to re-certify may do so after the 12-month period.
My certificate has my name spelled incorrectly, how can I get this fixed?
Send an email to email@example.com Be sure to include the correct spelling of your name and copy of government issued ID.
How often are changes made to the exam?
Blockchain Training Alliance has an obligation to its membership to maintain the relevancy of its credentials; exams are routinely updated and may happen as often as once a month. These enhancements are the result of a rigorous, methodical process we follow to routinely update its credential exams.
How often do I need to Recertify?
Your certification expires two years to the date you take and pass the exam.
I lost my coin, can I be issued another one?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new coin and holder. There is a $35 charge for a new token.
I never received my certificate in the mail/or/How long does it take to receive my certificate in the mail?
Please allow 2-4 weeks to receive your training package, including certification token.