Proctored at Pearson VUE, our Blockchain exams lead the way in verifying your skill set.
Certified Blockchain Security Professional (CBSP)
The Certified Blockchain Security Professional (CBSP) exam is an elite way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in Blockchain Security. For current cybersecurity professionals this exam demonstrates your knowledge in an emerging space. Additionally, you will become a member of a community of Blockchain leaders.
The exam tests on twelve sections:
- Fundamental Blockchain Security
- Consensus in the Blockchain
- Advanced Blockchain Security Mechanisms
- Smart Contract Security
- Blockchain Risk Assessment
- Basic Blockchain Security
- Blockchain for Business
- Securely Implementing Business Blockchains
- Network-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- System-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Smart Contract Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Security of Alternative DLT Architectures
The CBSP exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is a performance-based evaluation of Blockchain Security skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
- Blockchain Architects
- Blockchain Developers
- Application Developers
- Blockchain System Administrators
- Network Security Architects
- Cyber Security Experts
- IT Professionals w/cyber security experience
Skill SetThis exam will prove that a student completely understands:
- Identifying and differentiating between security threats and attacks on a Blockchain network.
- Blockchain security methods, best practices, and risk mitigation
- All known (to date) cyber-attack vectors on the Blockchain
- How to performing Blockchain network security risk analysis.
- A complete understanding of Blockchain’s inherent security features and risks.
- An excellent knowledge of best security practices for Blockchain System/Network Administrators.
- Demonstrate appropriate Blockchain data safeguarding techniques.
Scores and Reporting
Exam Retake Policy
- Students who fail must purchase a new exam voucher to test again
- A student who does not pass an exam must wait at least 48 hours to retake the exam
- A student must wait 14-days for each subsequent attempt
- A student who has passed a certain exam may not take the same exam (defined as an exam of the same version with the same exam number) again within 12 months of when the exam was passed. A student who wishes to take the exam again in order to re-certify may do so after the 12-month period.
To maintain the highest level of security and authentication, all Blockchain Training Alliance score reports provided at Pearson VUE testing center will include a photo of the candidate. Test Center Administrators are required to take a photograph of each candidate prior to testing. Candidates who do not wish to have their picture taken will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org 14 business days in advance of the exam.
Carefully review the ID requirements prior to your exam appointment.
How To Register For An Exam
You can purchase an exam voucher here or Sign in/Create an account with Pearson VUE. Exam appointments may be made in advance or on the day you wish to test, subject to availability. The exam/appointment testing time limit noted on Pearson VUE web pages reflects the total appointment time, including an NDA, exam time, and survey.
Please use your Legal name as displayed on your government issued IDs. Your first name, last name, the use or not of a middle initial, and your email address must match exactly in these two profiles. Please also use your Business email address as your primary address. Login to your account, select an exam, select a location, and then register for a seat.
My certificate has my name spelled incorrectly, how can I get this fixed?
Send an email to email@example.com Be sure to include the correct spelling of your name and copy of government issued ID.
How often are changes made to the exam?
Blockchain Training Alliance has an obligation to its membership to maintain the relevancy of its credentials; exams are routinely updated and may happen as often as once a month. These enhancements are the result of a rigorous, methodical process we follow to routinely update its credential exams.
How often do I need to Recertify?
Your certification expires two years to the date you take and pass the exam.
I lost my coin, can I be issued another one?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new coin and holder. There is a $35 charge for a new token.
I never received my certificate in the mail/or/How long does it take to receive my certificate in the mail?
Please allow 2-4 weeks to receive your training package, including certification token.