The Certified Blockchain Developer - Ethereum (CBDE) exam is an elite way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in this emerging space. Additionally, you will become a member of a community of Blockchain leaders. With certification comes monthly industry updates via email and video.
The CBDE exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is performance-based evaluation of Ethereum Development skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
- Software Engineers
- Application Architects
A person who holds this certification demonstrates their ability to:
This exam will prove that a student completely understands how to:
- Plan and prepare production ready applications for the Ethereum blockchain
- Write, test, and deploy secure Solidity smart contracts
- Understand and work with Ethereum fees
- Work within the bounds and limitations of the Ethereum blockchain
- Use the essential tooling and systems needed to work with the Ethereum ecosystem
- Implement web3.js
- Write and compile Solidity smart contracts
- Create secure smart contracts
- Deploy smart contracts both the live and test Ethereum networks
- Calculate Ethereum gas costs
- Unit test smart contracts
- Run an Ethereum node on development machines
This exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is a performance-based evaluation of Ethereum Development skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
Scores and Reporting
Official scores for exams come immediately following the exam from Pearson VUE. A passing score is 70%
. Exam results are reported PASS/FAIL and you will be provided your percentage. Blockchain Training Alliance does not report scores on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Exam Retake Policy
- Students who fail must purchase a new exam voucher to test again
- A student who does not pass an exam must wait at least 48 hours to retake the exam
- A student must wait 14-days for each subsequent attempt
- A student who has passed a certain exam may not take the same exam (defined as an exam of the same version with the same exam number) again within 12 months of when the exam was passed. A student who wishes to take the exam again in order to re-certify may do so after the 12-month period.