certifications are built strategically for corporations
Virtual and Augmented Reality
Duration: 10 Hours
Access: 1 Year
Format: Self-Paced Learning
This non-technical course to Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies will explain everything you need to know to begin planning and designing your business objectives to remain competitive in the coming decade. This course will explore the history of VR, the toolsets which currently exist, the ways in which organizations are beginning to realize value from utilizing these new tools, and the concerns to keep in mind when exploring the amazing new abilities VR technology opens up!
As technology continues to expand into and mature into every facet of modern day personal and professional life, the lines between reality and our virtual environments continues to fade. Applications and the consumers which use them are increasingly blending virtual worlds with the real one to enable amazing new experiences and provide a level of information saturation about the surrounding world which only a few short years ago would have seemed impossible.
VR/AR technologies are poised to radically redefine long-standing models of human interaction, communication, and collaboration over the coming decade. We are entering a world where recent developments in this technology are beginning to enable entirely new business models and means for communicating and interacting with customers, clients, partners, vendors, and colleagues.
- The course is intended for senior level executives, business decision makers, technical product and program managers, and solution architects looking to learn more about the technology.
- Chapter 1: What is Virtual Reality?
- What is Augmented / Mixed Reality?
- The Reality-Virtuality Continuum
- Chapter 2: The History of VR
- The Stage as VR, Antonin Artaud
- Development of Perspective, Renaissance Europe
- Morton Heilig's "Experience Theater" and the Sensorama
- The Sword of Damocles
- The First VR Era - 1970-1990
- The Second VR Era - 1990-2000
- The VR Winter - 2000-2010
- The Third VR Era - 2010-Today
- Chapter 3: VR / AR Software
- Developing VR Solutions
- Chapter 4: VR / AR Hardware
- Hardware Components
- Power Consumption and Supply
- Hardware Devices
- Chapter 5: VR Use Cases
- Current VR Uses
- Future VR Uses
- Chapter 6: VR Concerns
- VR Sickness
- Responsible Attention Management