The Certified Blockchain Security Professional (CBSP) exam is an elite way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in Blockchain Security. For current cybersecurity professionals this exam demonstrates your knowledge in an emerging space. Additionally, you will become a member of a community of Blockchain leaders.
The exam tests on twelve sections:
- Fundamental Blockchain Security
- Consensus in the Blockchain
- Advanced Blockchain Security Mechanisms
- Smart Contract Security
- Blockchain Risk Assessment
- Basic Blockchain Security
- Blockchain for Business
- Securely Implementing Business Blockchains
- Network-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- System-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Smart Contract Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Security of Alternative DLT Architectures
The CBSP exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is a performance-based evaluation of Blockchain Security skills and knowledge. All exams are currently online; once purchased it will be in your BTA portal and you will see the option under the Exams Tab to "Launch Exam." Once you begin your exam you cannot exit it.
- Blockchain Architects
- Blockchain Developers
- Application Developers
- Blockchain System Administrators
- Network Security Architects
- Cyber Security Experts
- IT Professionals w/cyber security experience
This exam will prove that a student completely understands:
- Identifying and differentiating between security threats and attacks on a Blockchain network.
- Blockchain security methods, best practices, and risk mitigation
- All known (to date) cyber-attack vectors on the Blockchain
- How to performing Blockchain network security risk analysis.
- A complete understanding of Blockchain’s inherent security features and risks.
- An excellent knowledge of best security practices for Blockchain System/Network Administrators.
- Demonstrate appropriate Blockchain data safeguarding techniques.
This exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours (90 minutes) and is performance-based evaluation of Blockchain Security skills and knowledge. Performance-based testing means that candidates must answer questions to reflect what they must perform on the job.
All exams are currently online; once purchased it will be in your BTA portal and you will see the option under the Exams Tab to "Launch Exam." Once you begin your exam you cannot exit it.
Scores and Reporting
Official scores for exams come immediately following the exam from the BTA Student Portal. A passing score is 70%
. Exam results are reported PASS/FAIL and you will be provided your percentage. Blockchain Training Alliance does not report scores on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Exam Retake Policy
- Students who fail must purchase a new exam voucher to test again
- A student who does not pass an exam must wait at least 48 hours to retake the exam
- A student who has passed a certain exam may not take the same exam (defined as an exam of the same version with the same exam number) again within 12 months of when the exam was passed. A student who wishes to take the exam again in order to re-certify may do so after the 12-month period.